Friday, August 3, 2012

Chik-fil-A

A couple of weeks ago, Dan Cathy, the president of CFA, announced that the company was against gay marriages (he probably said in some politically correct  BS terms such as "believes in traditional family values"). This shit BLEW UP and now everyone in America is obsessed with it. Some people wanted to boycott CFA, while the crazier Christians decided to actually meet up and rally at CFA. HAHHAHAHAAH!! Ridiculous, right?? Better hope no gay people worked at the restaurant you went to and defiled your chicken with their gay hands.

Anyway, I've seen posts all over the internet with people voicing their opinions on both sides. The following, grabbed from 4chan, is the most eloquently stated that I've come across.



I hate reading most peoples' opinions on the topic because generally, everyone sounds like a fucking idiot. This post caught my attention though for having that "hey, actually no one gives a fuck" air to it. And rightfully so.

If there's anything I learned this summer, it's that AMERICANS ARE FUCKING HYPOCRITES.
Christians: "Oreo supports equality? We better fucking boycott them!!"
                 Christians then get mocked and ridiculed by everyone else.
Homosexuals: "OMG Chik-fil-A is against gay marriage? Let's boycott them!"
...Okay, does anyone else see just how fucking ridiculous and hypocritical this all is? I really tried to avoid wordiness in my example because I trust people can just draw the same conclusion without explanation. It's just so damn obvious that people are being fucking stupid. How are you going to make fun of a group of people for boycotting and then turn around and do the same thing? Not to mention that...

Boycotting could not possibly work in this day and age, you fucking morons! Companies nowadays likely own SEVERAL brands that you would have to give up, too. Wanna give up oreos? Try giving up all products made by Kraft then, since Oreos are owned by Kraft Foods. And holy shit... Do they ever own a  FUCKLOAD of brands. I realize that CFA doesn't apply in this example... but still. I personally know of no one who is going to stop eating CFA, and that includes my gay friends.

I love America and all, but Americans are seriously embarrassing. We are constantly trying to infringe on others' rights just because they don't align with our own beliefs. "Will same-sex marriage or abortion personally affect me? No, but I don't believe in it, so I better make sure that shit doesn't happen!" I personally support marriage equality, but I'm still going to eat Chik-fil-A. Ironically, I've been bitching about CFA and how people should STFU about it... but then I went ahead and wrote a blog entry about it (hypocrite much?). I really just wanted to share that 4chan screen cap. Besides, this is why politics is so damn boring most of the time. No matter what arguments are made, no one is ever going to be able to change anyone else's mind.



No comments:

Post a Comment