Monday, August 6, 2012

Mars Rover Curiosity

This morning, I witnessed scientific history in the making! NASA sent a rover to Mars to scope out the conditions for a human mission and possible colonization. The one TON rover landed at ~12.15am CT. I watched the landing live and managed to grab a screenshot of the first picture sent back to NASA from the Reconnaissance Orbiter. The picture is extra blurry, being the first picture and plus taken from the live streaming.



Not knowing whether or not the landing would be successful was definitely exciting. I'm positive that I'll live to see the human mission to Mars, and convinced that colonization is likely to happen in my lifetime of the conditions allow for it. What if we find liquid water?? Or better yet... aliens??? *them from X-Files plays* Somehow, I feel like Earth can't possibly sustain the human population for another hundred years...

So, the Mars landing has been overshadowed by the Olympics, which I frankly don't give a shit about. People are STILL posting about Chik-fil-A bullshit all over FB. Damn, you know, if you want to be ignorant, at least please stop posting screen shots of shit I already saw last week. How pathetic that people are much more concerned about chicken nuggets than the fact that WE (okay, the rover) FUCKING LANDED ON MARS. All the Christians should honestly be more excited to move to Mars because there aren't any gay people there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment